Cloud Business Featured Article
CodeTwo Launches Public Folders 5 as Alternative to Cloud Content SharingNovember 15, 2012
By Erin Harrison, Executive Editor, Cloud Computing
CodeTwo, which provides MS Exchange and Outlook-based software solutions, has rolled out CodeTwo Public Folders 5, which is designed to allow users to share Outlook items – such as calendars, contacts, tasks, notes, email – and any Windows file across a local network or via the Internet without using external servers.
CodeTwo officials claim its Public Folders 5 is an “easier, faster, and safer” way to share and sync files because it poses fewer security risks than traditional cloud, which can be expensive and often require IT knowledge and/or network administrators to implement and maintain, according to Szymon Szczesniak, marketing manager at CodeTwo.
“CodeTwo Public Folders 5 meets our customers’ need for a faster, easier, and safer way to share Outlook content and any Windows file,” Szczesniak said in a statement. “Whether across a local network or via the Internet, users can share and sync files and data quickly and safely. The end result is increased productivity for individual colleagues, teams, and companies at-large.”
In addition, because traditional business cloud software solutions store data on external servers, they increase the security risk of data being lost or tampered with due to unauthorized access, Szczesniak said. CodeTwo Public Folders 5 is a “direct link” solution, and safer since it bypasses external servers and stores, shares, and syncs encrypted data only on local computers, he added.
CodeTwo Public Folders 5 has several new features using the “direct link” approach including the following:
· Safe Internet Sync – Outlook or Windows files can now be safely synchronized via the Web without using external cloud servers. Data is only stored and synced on local computers, providing better protection from loss or unauthorized access.
· File Sharing App – Any Windows file can be shared over the Internet without storing files on external servers.
· Shared Data Encryption – Every synchronized file is always fully encrypted when traveling between computers.
· Improved Security – Client Apps now have native password authentication. If present, users can also use the Active Directory logon.
· Sync public folders with iCloud – CodeTwo Public Folders 5 is now compatible with CodeTwo Sync for iCloud, which means users can view and keep Outlook shared folders in sync across iOS devices (iPhones and iPads).
· Better Design – New Outlook icons and administration panel windows.
Edited by Amanda Ciccatelli
"We can turn a lead into a customer without having to enter information into two separate systems. With the click of a button, customer and order information is populated into our ordering system right from Aplicor."
- Scott Adams, MobileHelp
- Direct Med Supplies
"After researching numerous CRM & ERP companies, I choose Aplicor's Cloud Suite 7 because of its functionality, advanced technology and it's seamless CRM integration. Aplicor meets the needs of my business and provides great customer service and account support"
- Jason Villella, President, Direct Med Supplies