Cloud Business Featured Article
Newvem Unveils General Availability of Cloud Analytics PlatformNovember 15, 2012
By Erin Harrison, Executive Editor, Cloud Computing
Aiming to help cloud users increase profit, Newvem, a provider of cloud analytics for Amazon Web Services (News - Alert) (AWS) customers, has rolled out general availability of its AWS usage analytics service called Newvem Analytics. Newvem Analytics GA is a business-focused cloud analytics solution designed to improve profit with a top-down business approach through the eyes of different organizational roles, according to Zev Laderman, co-founder and CEO of Newvem.
“Newvem Analytics disrupts the belief that cloud usage analytics ends with cost savings. Over the past eight months, we’ve strived to help our users to truly profit from their cloud,” Laderman said in a statement. “Newvem Analytics’ top-down approach with role-specific views helps users see if their infrastructure is ready to scale to capture more revenue, or if they can reduce infrastructure to increase margins when revenues flatten or shrink. This approach increases shareholder value for any company, as increasing profit directly impacts a company’s price/earnings ratio and enhances its valuation.”
One of the key features of Newvem Analytics is connecting cloud usage with specific business activities and business divisions, offering visibility into the relationship between business and cloud infrastructure to allow businesses to focus on profiting from the cloud.
The analytics platform also addresses positions within organizations, such as CIOs, CTOs, IT managers, developers, and operators, to help them make cloud decisions so they are aligned with specific business goals.
Since its beta release in March 2012, Newvem Analytics has helped thousands of users profit from their cloud services through analyzing more than 10 million AWS instances. Newvem currently tracks 1,000 clouds and reveals daily spend efficiencies in excess of $11 million.
“During our beta period, we worked very closely with our broad base of users from different market segments, locations, organization sizes and across multiple roles to identify how Newvem can better help them sync their business performance with their AWS cloud infrastructure,” said Ilan Naslavsky, co-founder and CTO of Newvem. “As a result, Newvem Analytics enables ‘Cycles of Cloud Usage Refinement’ by visualizing groups of key infrastructure indicators and effectively, analyzing, measuring, and improving cloud usage in line with our users’ business objectives and performance.”
Newvem touted several benefits of the general availability version, including:
- CIO Cockpit & Managerial View: Designed for CIOs, other C-level executives and IT managers, the “CIO Cockpit” offers a top-down business view as well as bottom-line visualization of cloud assets, costs, key performance indicators (KPIs) and areas of concern so users can align business indicators with their cloud infrastructure.
- Operator View: Newvem ensures operational efficiency, allowing operators to do more with less. Newvem provides the right insights so operators can better see, assess, and respond to vulnerabilities, abnormalities and other hidden issues.
- Developer View: Newvem helps developers focus on their research and development efforts. Newvem shows developers how to operate an efficient cloud, identifies and notifies of issues, offers recommendations to remediate, and provides the knowledge for course-correction.
- iPad & iPhone (News - Alert) Mobile Platform: In addition to a web app, Newvem Analytics is also available through a native iOS app, allowing cloud users to get on-the-go, bottom-line visibility on costs, risks and assets.
- Proactive Notification: Newvem also offers email notifications and alerts of substantial changes in cloud usage trends and risks.
Company officials said the general availability version is available as both free and premium offerings.
Want to learn more about cloud computing solutions geared specifically towards small to medium-sized businesses? Don’t miss the Cloud4SMB Expo, collocated with ITEXPO Miami 2013, Jan 29- Feb. 1 in Miami, Florida. Stay in touch with everything happening at Cloud4SMB Expo. Follow us on Twitter.
Edited by Amanda Ciccatelli
"We can turn a lead into a customer without having to enter information into two separate systems. With the click of a button, customer and order information is populated into our ordering system right from Aplicor."
- Scott Adams, MobileHelp
- Direct Med Supplies
"After researching numerous CRM & ERP companies, I choose Aplicor's Cloud Suite 7 because of its functionality, advanced technology and it's seamless CRM integration. Aplicor meets the needs of my business and provides great customer service and account support"
- Jason Villella, President, Direct Med Supplies